At Rootine we are always looking for ways to further personalize your micronutrient formula and simplify the at-home testing process so you can better leverage your data to improve your health. We are excited to introduce our next generation of blood tests, which will fine-tune your formula and guide dosing to ensure you are receiving levels optimal for your body.
In this post, we will discuss our new Blood Mineral Test, including what analytes (markers) are measured, why they matter to you, and how each impacts your daily Rootine formula.
- The Blood Mineral Test is an at-home finger-prick test that analyzes blood serum levels of magnesium (Mg), Copper (Cu), Selenium (Se), Zinc ( Zn), Cadmium (Cd), and Mercury (Hg).
- The results guide doses of magnesium, copper, selenium, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin E in your daily packs.
- Test results are typically ready in ~5 days.
The results of these tests guide dosing for each mineral.
- Is one of the major minerals in your body and is vital to hundreds of processes, including regulating muscle function, strong bones, immune system response, steady heartbeats, blood sugar levels, cognitive function, and more. It is found in green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds, and whole grains.
- Symptoms of deficiency include weakness, fatigue, loss of appetite, and brain fog.
- Is a mineral involved in activating genes, generating energy, helping proper immune system function, maintaining skin health, and improving eye health. Copper also helps protect the cells from oxidative damage and contributes to iron transport in the body. It is found in nuts, seeds, shellfish, whole grains, and beans.
- Symptoms of deficiency include fatigue, weak bones, high levels of cholesterol, and impaired motor function.
- Is a mineral that helps protect cells from free radicals and plays a key role in DNA synthesis, thyroid gland function, and the functioning of the immune system.
- Symptoms of deficiency include mood changes, cognitive decline, and fatigue. Excess selenium intake results in toxicity. Selenium is found in Brazil nuts, seafood, and dairy products.
- Is an essential mineral with many important functions in the body, including aiding in cellular metabolism, protein and DNA synthesis, growth and development, and immune system function. It is also a powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties. It is found in oysters, red meat, beans, nuts, and dairy products.
- Symptoms of deficiency include delayed wound healing, hair loss, loss of appetite, and diarrhea.
Cadmium and Mercury
- These are heavy metals found at varying levels in the environment (air, soil, water, food) that are poisonous to the human body. Overexposure and accumulation of these heavy metals cause issues in most bodily systems, including the liver, kidney, bones, heart, immune cells, and brain.
- Symptoms of cadmium and/or mercury poisoning include anxiety, mood instability, headaches, tremors, difficulty sleeping, muscle weakness, nauseas, vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Test results guide dosing for vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Tests producing abnormally high results should be taken to your physician.
Why the new tests?
We took your feedback about our old tests, including poor turn around time and lack of nutrients tested, and created more inclusive testing with multiple options, including a Vitamin Test (~3 days), Mineral Test (~5 days), and new DNA Test (~5 days).