Careers at Rootine
Director of Engineering
Full-Time / Remote
Rootine is looking for a Director of Engineering who thrives in a fast-paced environment and shares our passion for data-driven health and wellness. As the first in-house engineer on our team, you will collaborate closely with our founders to shape strategy, drive growth, and own projects from start to finish. The right person has built great products, thrives at taking ownership over responsibilities, loves data, and is excited to an early employee that will help shape a fast growth wellness brand.
Rootine is building a world class brand, best-in-category products, and revolutionary technology and we need world-class team members to help us rapidly innovate and execute our mission.
What You Will Do
- Help create, lead, and manage our in-house development team and outsourced technology partners.
- Be responsible for building and managing engineering team as we scale.
- Take ownership of all technology aspects of the business including system architecture, data science, security, and improvement.
- Implement and manage internal processes
- Collaborate with product, marketing, CX, and founders to develop, implement, and improve new features
What Gets Us Excited:
- You have strong technical skills with experience in Shopify, NodeJS, ReactJS/Flux, webpack, Phython, Django, MySQL, AWS, Docker, Linux, Git, CircleCI, Agile, Asana, API development
- You have excellent communication skills and can effectively communicate with non-technical co-workers
- You have excellent work ethic and project management skills. You can juggle multiple priorities and roll up your sleeves to do what needs to be done to drive towards completion.
- You have an inherent curiosity in everything you do. You welcome feedback and love to learn and find creative approaches to solve complex challenges.
- You’re meticulously organized. It allows you to iterate quickly and respect deadlines.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where things change minute by minute.
- You have exceptional leadership skills and proven success at building teams
- You are self-managed and resourceful – a problem solver than can recognize problems and quickly plan and execute solutions without needing oversight
- You have experience in a hypergrowth, VC-backed startup
Location Base: @Headquarters in Nashville, TN OR Anywhere you want
Manager: Report to CEO
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Equity Potential for Right Candidate
Interested? Email email@example.com with subject line Director of Engineering